I’ve been longing to share this coconut rice recipe with you guys because it’d be a sin not to, considering its heavenliness.
I mean, I’ve made this dish over and over again and I can’t get over its scrumptiousness each time!
So, I’m super excited I’m doing this right now.
Eating plain white rice only could get boring over time. So, one of the ways to enjoy rice dishes is by trying different rice recipes.
Whenever you’re tired of eating plain rice or other rice dishes, coconut rice is an amazing go-to rice recipe for a change of experience.
The goodness of coconut milk in rice elevates the taste, and the creaminess and richness is second to none.
This dish is perfect and suitable for all party occasions, and also for lunch and dinner.
You can use fresh coconut milk or store-bought coconut milk.
Whichever one you use, you will still get the same amazing result.
In this recipe. I’ll be using store-bought coconut milk.
You can serve coconut rice with any protein of your choice – chicken, meat or fish.
This coconut rice recipe is fully packed with amazing healthy ingredients that are important for our overall well being.
Without further ado, let’s dig into the recipe!
Wash the rice until the water is clear. I usually wash mine for about 4-5 times.
This is very important in order to reduce the starch and avoid ending up with mushy rice.
If your rice ends up mushy, you will not enjoy it, so this step is very crucial.
Cut all veggies into cubes with kitchen knife and set aside.
Wash chicken or any other type of meat. Season and cook until tender. You can further fry, grill, or roast it.
4 cups Rice
2 cans Coconut Milk
1 can sweet corn
1 big green ball pepper
1 big Red ball pepper
Salt to taste
4 seasoning cubes
5 tbsp coconut oil or vegetable oil
2 medium size Onions
2 garlic Clove
2 Ginger sticks
3 big carrots
1 Scotch Bonnet
250g Green beans
5 pcs spring onions
250 g peas
250-300 g Shrimps
On a medium heat, heat up vegetable oil and add the onions to saute.
Add the salt, ginger, garlic and the seasoning cubes.
Add the chicken stock and the coconut milk, cover and allow to boil for about 5 minutes.
Add washed rice to the boiling chicken stock & coconut milk.
Cover with foil paper and let it cook in less than medium heat (steam) until soft and well cooked.
Check after about 30 minutes to see if it’s well cooked. A little quantity of water can be added if need be.
Add the sliced spring onions and cover to steam for another five minutes, then take it away from the heat.
In another deep pan, add vegetable oil and fry the veggies one after the other (carrots, green beans, prawns, gizzard, onions) and set them aside.
In same deep pan, add the veggies bit by bit and also add some cooked rice in bits and mix them together. Repeat this process until everything is well mixed.
Cover and allow to simmer for about three minutes.
Then your coconut rice is ready!
Can you perceive the goodness already?
Serve hot with any protein and cold drink of your choice.
If you enjoyed this recipe, kindly share this post with people you care about. Let them enjoy this goodness as well.
Let’s spread the goodness!
Coconut Rice Recipe: Nigerian Recipe
- 4 cups Rice
- 2 cans Coconut Milk
- 1 can sweet corn
- 1 big green ball pepper
- 1 big Red ball pepper
- 5 pcs Spring onions
- 4 seasoning cubes
- Chicken stock
- Coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 2 medium size Onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 sticks Ginger
- 250-300 g Shrimps
- 250 g Green beans
- 250 g Peas
- On a medium heat, heat up vegetable oil and add the onions to saute.
- Add the salt, ginger, garlic and the seasoning cubes
- Add the chicken stock and the coconut milk, cover and allow to boil for about 5 minutes,
- Add washed rice to the boiling chicken stock and coconut milk.
- Cover the pot with foil first before covering with the lid and let it cook in less than medium heat (steam) until soft and well cooked.
- Check after about 30 minutes to see if it's well cooked. A little quantity of water can be added if the need be. Then Sprinkle the spring onions on the top and cover to steam with the rice.
- Add the sliced spring onions and cover to steam for another five minutes, then take it away from the heat.
- In another deep pan, add the coconut oil and start frying the veggies one after the other (Carrots, green beans, prawn, gizzard, onions), and set them aside.
- In same deep pan, start adding the veggie bit by bit and also add some cooked rice and mix them together. Repeat this process until everything is well mixed.
- Cover and allow to simmer for about three minutes
- Serve hot with any meat or fish of your choice.
You Might Also Like