I’ll be sharing today on the blog, my simple vanilla cupcakes recipe from scratch! It has extraordinary moist texture and rich vanilla flavour. It’s easy to make with all the ingredients and it’s topped with rich vanilla buttercream frosting.
I used simple ingredients that can be found in almost every home without breaking the bank. You know at times the simpler recipes are just the best. The vanilla flavour makes it outstanding, rich and delicious.
I had tried my hands on various vanilla cupcakes recipes before I finally came up with this incredible recipe I’ll sharing right now.
You can bake this vanilla cupcakes for any kind of occasion; birthday, baby shower, house warming and so on.
So if you have been on the prowl for the perfect vanilla cupcakes. Look no further, you have it here!
HOW TO PREPARE VANILLA CUPCAKES
The first thing you have to do is to sieve together all the dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking powder and nutmeg. Then set aside. This part is necessary to remove lumps from the dry ingredients for a perfect end result.
The nutmeg is optional but I love the rich flavour it adds to my baking.
In another mixing bowl, add the butter and the granulated sugar. You can make use of hand mixer or stand mixer to beat them together until light and fluffy. I’d suggest you use high quality softened unsalted butter but in case you can’t find unsalted butter, use the salted without or reduced salt.
Moreover, If your butter is in the refrigerator, take it out and place on room temperature for at least one hour before use.
Add the eggs, one at a time and make sure each egg is completely incorporated before adding the next. Add the vanilla extract, mix with the batter.
Add the sour cream and gently fold in the batter. You can also substitute sour cream for Greek yoghurt.
Start adding the dry ingredients, add in two batches. Add the first batch, fold in the batter, add milk and finally add the last batch, gently fold and mix everything together.
At this juncture, your mixer speed should be at it’s lowest. What I normally use here is my spatula, it works fine for me. Make sure you scrape down to the bottom of the bowl. To be sure that all the dry and the wet ingredients are well incorporated into the batter.
HOW TO BAKE VANILLA CUPCAKES
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C (356 degree f)
line your cupcakes pan with cupcakes liner. You may also want to double the liner.
Start filling the cups, do not overfill the cup. I usually fill mine halfway because I like a smooth and flat top, for easy frosting.
After the filling, place them in the oven to bake. Note that the time for the baking may vary, the reason being that some oven is hotter than the other.
What you simply have to do here is to insert a toothpick, when it comes out neat without any trace of batter. It means the cupcakes are well baked. If it comes out with batter just leave for some minutes more.
You should wait for at least 15 minutes before you open the oven to check the cakes. So as not to tamper with the oven temperature which may, in turn, affect the rising level.
If the stick comes out clean, it means the vanilla cupcakes are done. Take them out and place on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes before you start the frosting.
WHICH FROSTING IS THE BEST
All varieties of frosting are perfect but for this vanilla cupcakes, I’m going to be topping with my easy to make vanilla buttercream frosting. It tastes so yummy with it.
You can add any colour of your choice to the frosting to make it more beautiful and colourful.
HOW CAN I PRESERVE MY CUPCAKES.
The best way to preserve this vanilla cupcakes is to put them in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3-4 days.
You can make them 3 days ahead of your occasion without the frosting. The frosting can be made the same day for your occasion.
I hope you are going toenjoy this recipe as much as I do.
You may also want to check these out:
My easy to make vanilla buttercream frosting to complement your cupcakes.
- 11/4 cups (150 g) multipurpose flour
- 150 g butter (room temperature)
- 120 g granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 11/2 tsp (7.5 ml) baking powder
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 tsp vanilla Extract
- 1/4 sour cream
- 30 ml milk (room temperature)
- 1 ml salt (if you're using unsalted butter)
- Preheat the oven into 180 degree C
- Sieve together all the drying ingredients in a bowl and set aside, flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, add the sugar and butter. Grab your hand mixer, stand mixer, mix both together until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one after the other and mix with the batter.
- Add the vanilla extract, add sour cream and mix everything together for about 2 minutes on high speed.
- At this juncture, grab your spatula for the final mixing. Add the dry ingredients in two batches, after the first batch, add the milk and mix together with the spatula. Thereafter add the last batch and mix everything together thoroughly without any trace of the dry ingredients.
- Set your your disposable cupcakes form in a cupcakes tray, then start adding the batter. This recipe should make about 12 pieces of cupcakes.
- Drop them in oven to bake for about 20 minutes. Check with a toothpick, if the toothpick comes out clean, it means your vanilla cupcakes is ready.
- Place to cool on a rack for 10 minutes before topping with the frosting.
save for later.